December 8, 2014
(TheAntiMedia) Here are ten frightening facts about the police state that you need to know about:
- More than 500 American citizens have died after being tased, a device considered “non-lethal.”
- The yearly cost of the War on Drugs to the American taxpayer is about $40 billion. The estimated cost to end hunger worldwide is $30 billion yearly.
- There are more than 80,000 military raids conducted by police every year in the United States.
- There are roughly 2.3 million people locked up in the United States with another 5 million on probation or parole. The overwhelming majority are for non-violent crimes.
- UNICOR, an establishment inside the US Federal Prison System uses its confined pool of labor to produce war goods for the US military.
- In 36% of US SWAT raids, no contraband of any kind is found after the officers risk everyone’s life and engage in reckless actions that cost lives.
- An average London resident is recorded over 300 times a day by Big Brother’s video surveillance apparatus.
- The only nation to maintain a higher incarceration rate than the United States is Germany… under the Nazis.
- 97% of reported police brutality victims are people of color.
- Every 98 minutes, a cop kills a family pet. There have been no recorded officer deaths from a dog in last decade.
This article (Ten Facts You Should Know About The Police State) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TheAntiMedia.org. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive our latest articles.