December 8, 2014
(TheAntiMedia) Here are ten frightening facts about the police state that you need to know about:
- More than 500 American citizens have died after being tased, a device considered “non-lethal.”
- The yearly cost of the War on Drugs to the American taxpayer is about $40 billion. The estimated cost to end hunger worldwide is $30 billion yearly.
- There are more than 80,000 military raids conducted by police every year in the United States.
- There are roughly 2.3 million people locked up in the United States with another 5 million on probation or parole. The overwhelming majority are for non-violent crimes.
- UNICOR, an establishment inside the US Federal Prison System uses its confined pool of labor to produce war goods for the US military.
- In 36% of US SWAT raids, no contraband of any kind is found after the officers risk everyone’s life and engage in reckless actions that cost lives.
- An average London resident is recorded over 300 times a day by Big Brother’s video surveillance apparatus.
- The only nation to maintain a higher incarceration rate than the United States is Germany… under the Nazis.
- 97% of reported police brutality victims are people of color.
- Every 98 minutes, a cop kills a family pet. There have been no recorded officer deaths from a dog in last decade.
This article (Ten Facts You Should Know About The Police State) is free and open source. You have permission to republish this article under a Creative Commons license with attribution to the author and TheAntiMedia.org. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to receive our latest articles.
Since you’re here…
…We have a small favor to ask. Fewer and fewer people are seeing Anti-Media articles as social media sites crack down on us, and advertising revenues across the board are quickly declining. However, unlike many news organizations, we haven’t put up a paywall because we value open and accessible journalism over profit — but at this point, we’re barely even breaking even. Hopefully, you can see why we need to ask for your help. Anti-Media’s independent journalism and analysis takes substantial time, resources, and effort to produce, but we do it because we believe in our message and hope you do, too.
If everyone who reads our reporting and finds value in it helps fund it, our future can be much more secure. For as little as $1 and a minute of your time, you can support Anti-Media. Thank you. Click here to support us